Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pregnancy Old Wives' Tales

Last night I was talking to my 2 best friends, Jen and Aubrey. Jen told me that I'm having a girl but I feel that its a boy. I told Aubrey her baby is a girl but others told her its a boy. I read that if you suffer from a terrible morning sickness, it's probably that you're carrying a girl. Of course, there's a 50/50 chance of us being correct, so why not play and have a little fun out of them ü

Here's some of the old wives' tales that I've searched. Let's see what they're saying.

#01: Mom's Beauty
They say that you're having a little girl if you've got acne and skin blemishes. According to this tale baby girl steals your beauty.

I don't have acne or pimples right now, so I guess this points to baby boy for me. (1=boy, 0=girl)

#02: Heartbeat
If your baby's heart rate is under 140 beats per minute, you're having a little boy. If it's over, it's a girl.

My last appointment is 163 bpm. so it's a girl. (1=boy, 1=girl)

#03: Salty vs. Sweets
According to some, if you're craving for sweets, you're going to have a little girl. If it's salty and sour foods you like, it's a little boy.

So another point for a boy. I'm not into chocolates nowadays. (2=boy, 1=girl)

#04: Chinese Birth Chart
To use the Chinese pregnancy calendar, you will go down the column until you get to the age of the mother at the time of conception Then go across that row until you get to the month the baby was conceived. If the square is blue, it's a boy! If the square is pink a girl is on the way!


Age of conception = 28, Month of conception = August. I'm having a little boy. (3=boy, 1=girl)

#05: Morning Sickness Blues
Morning sickness means pink. If you have a terrible morning sickness during your first trimester, it's most likely that you're carrying a girl. If you have smooth pregnancy, it's a boy.

I have no morning sickness at all, so it's a boy. (4=boy, 1=girl)

#06: Keying In
Try this little experiment, place a key in front of you and pick it up. If you grab it by the narrow part you'll have a girl. If you pick it up by the round part it's a baby boy.

Husband and I tried this and I've got a girl. (4=boy, 2=girl)

#07:  Shape of Belly
If you're carrying high with a big, round belly, it's a girl. If you're carrying low with a smaller belly, it's a boy.

I guess this is true for my friend, Adelfa. I'm on my 3rd month and it seems I have a big round belly... so girl? (4=boy, 3=girl)

#08: Shape of Mom's Face
When your face gets fuller and rounder when pregnant, it means a girl. If your face is long and narrow, it's a boy.

I think my face has gotten rounder so it points to a girl for me. (4=boy, 4=girl)

#09: Mayan Tale
Add the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is even number, a princess is on the way. If the result is an odd number, it means you are having a baby boy.

28 + 2013 =  2041. It's an odd number so baby boy. (5=boy, 4=girl)

#10: Dreams
If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having.

Husband had a dream of a baby girl. Counted ba pag sya ang nanaginip? (6=boy, 4=girl)

#11:  Side You Most Rest On
If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy.  If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl. 

I prefer my right side lately.  Hmm...
(6=boy, 5=girl)
 
#12: Protein
When a pregnant women craves meat and cheese, count on a boy.

I'm always craving for Jollibee Chicken Joy, maybe we're having a little boy. (7=boy, 5=girl)

#13: Hair on Legs
If the hair on your legs has been growing at record speeds you might be having a boy.

Not on my case, so a girl? (7=boy, 6=girl)

#14: Hands
When a pregnant women is asked to show her hands, it's a boy if she keeps her palms down. If she keeps

her palms up, it's a girl.

But I always show my palms up. (7=boy, 7=girl) 

#15: Moodiness
If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. Your pregnancy will make you smile and be more happy if you are having a boy.

I guess, nde naman ako moody lately.. another plus in the boy column! (8=boy, 7=girl)


Not sure how true these are; my boy count was higher for the old wives tales ü. But honestly, since you have a 50:50 chance of having a boy or girl, you also have a 50:50 chance of the wives tales being right or wrong. I really really feel that it's a boy. :-) Though The Husband wanted a girl, mas responsible daw kasing panganay ang girl (agree naman ako dun!).

I still have 3 more months to confirm. I guess, I'll let you know then.

Can't wait! ü

2 comments:

  1. Natawa naman ako. Nag pointing system ka pa talaga sis! Nyahahahaha! Sa CAS makikita na ang gender. Yehey!! No more guessing game yun.. pero minsan ang sarap din nung hinuhulaan eh. Nakakatuwa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ang saya lang,. parang game lang diba. :-) eh kasi days na lang binibilang mo, ako, months pa, hehehe.

      Delete