Saturday, November 2, 2013

Morning Sickness :: Pregnancy Story 101

I'm entering into my 3rd month of pregnancy, and I'm still wondering if morning sickness will hit. I don't have any morning sickness now, thankfully!

I remember a month ago before I had my 2nd transvag ultrasound. I'm reading my friend, Aubrey's blog and FB posts and she's having I think a terrible morning sickness. She told me that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. I googled it and it's TRUE. One study even showed that vomiting and nausea is associated with a lower risk of miscarriage. I also read that there is a reduced risk of preterm birth and low birth weight among women who suffer nausea and vomiting.

So I was like, IS NO MORNING SICKNESS A BAD SIGN?? DOES IT MEAN MY BABY IS NOT HEALTHY???

Yes, I'm one paranoid mama, but I'm a first-timer, so that is an excuse!

I was starting to worry, I actually wished for morning sickness to make me "feel" pregnant.  I just felt like without that symptom, something must be wrong. Then came all the negative thoughts. I have an officemate who had miscarriage after 6 weeks. And the day I texted my sister that I am pregnant, she's on her way to the hospital because my cousin needs to have her operation. Her baby of 4 months has no heartbeat. So, please don't blame me, if I'm worrying too much.

I only feel an occasional lightheadedness. I have zero nausea and no vomiting. I am also not sensitive to smells. I didn't have cravings either, there's just this 1 night that I cried because I asked The Husband to buy me spaghetti from Jollibee pero wala syang binili (so we went to Baclaran Jollibee). I was always tired and my breasts hurt. I had a few food aversions, but nothing bad. I noticed that if I don't eat when I start getting hungry then I feel a little nauseated, so I try to eat small amount every hour or so, para hindi ako magugutom. I am definitely more tired, but not exhausted. I guess the only indication that I'm really really pregnant is that I don't have a period.

My OB told me that morning sickness really just depends on each pregnancy. Some mothers do not get it with their first one, but then have it terrible with their next child. But still I want to pull the days that time so we could have our ultrasound. That's when I can hear our baby's heartbeat, and that's when I can breathe.

Kung pwede nga lang every month may ultrasound para sure diba? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ay naku sis!!! Tama ka. Nakakaparanoid talaga yung mga stories ng miscarriage tska still birth. Tapos feeling ko pa, kung kelan ako nabuntis parang kali-kaliwa ang naririnig kong story na ganun. Tapos yung iba pa, talagang iku-kwento sayo eh hello?? Nakaka paranoid kaya diba??!! Minsan nga sasampalin ko nlng sila bigla. Hihihihi.. Char!

    Anyway, with or without morning sickness you'll be fine. You can feel it naman if something's not right eh. Mother's instinct is sooo strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo nga sis. kung kelan ka nabuntis andaming negative stories. pero I agree with the Mother's instinct. mejo nde na nga ko praning ngayon eh, pero mejo lang, hehehe.

      I guess we'll never stop worrying. Basta nde lang too much na affected na health natin at ni baby. :-)

      Delete