Saturday, November 2, 2013

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children :: Book Review

It's Halloween so I thought of this book. Not because that this book is full of horror but because of its creepy photos that at first I thought this is a haunting terror and full of danger story.

I first heard about this book from my officemate. Ms. Sher told me that this is like Harry Potter, a story of a boy that will go through a lot of adventures. I was intrigued by the title so I googled it. I was immediately smitten by its cover.



This one seems unique in every way. So that night, I downloaded the ebook and started reading it. I could not put it down. I read until almost 5AM the first night and read it again first thing in the morning. I finished it in 2 days, and that's in 2 working days, and I remember that it's the busiest days of the month at work.

It was enchanting and absolutely incredible! The book is about Jacob who was determined to learn more about his grandpa's mysterious past. Then he became friends to children with strange abilities. Like Emma, who can hold a ball of fire in her hand and Olive, the levitating girl (she's the one in the cover of the book.)

This book is also packed with vintage photos that match the descriptions of the characters. The photos actually blew me away! Its worth it for the photos alone.

I am a fan of adventures and fantasy book so I definitely love this. I do recommend this to everyone. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

And of course, I got even more excited when I heard that this book will be a movie soon. and it will be directed by none other than the creator of such lovely films as Alice in Wonderland and Edward Scissorhands, Tim Burton. How exciting isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Not creepy at all sis? Have heard about it but when I saw the cover, ayoko na!!! Nyahahaha! Scared ako. :'( Promise not scary? If not, I'd love the e-book copy. Hihihihihi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its creepy because of the pictures pero not scary at all, i swear! akala ko rin nung una ganun eh.

      it's full of adventures and fantasy.. ganda. I'll send the ebook in a while ΓΌ

      Delete